Monday, April 24, 2006

I need me some Gale Harold

What is it about spring?
Most times of the year I feel semi-normal (at least as normal as I'll EVER feel) but spring makes me feel different.
I woke up Sunday morning realizing that I just had a dream about a celebrity, which for me is REALLY odd. I'm not a teenage girl. I don't have posters of the latest teen heart throb on my walls or magazines of celebrity's in my house.
I don't go to movies needing a drool bucket, I don't watch MTV hoping for a glimpse of the latest video by Teddy whats-his-name. It doesn't interest me.
There are a few athletes who I will say are VERY easy on the eyes but I don't dream about them either.
So what was I doing have a dream about slow dancing with Gale Harold?
He has a dorky name, doesn't he? What were his parents thinking?
"So what name can we give our son so he gets his ass beat every day at school? I know, let's call him Gale Morgan!” YUH! I'm sure they're nice people, but if they had a clue as to the stature to which their son was going to grow into, they could’ve come up with something better than THAT! He deserves the name Brad Pitt even more than Brad himself. (in my opinion anyway and if you don't agree...too bad, it's my blog! and I even appreciate Brad Pitt, but he is no Gale Harold)
If you're a heterosexual person and have never owned the channel Showtime on your cable network you probably don't know who Gale is. And that's okay. I think he's much happier being a semi-celeb than a BIG time celeb. I can't see his talent and looks keeping him under the radar much longer though.
So why wouldn't most common heteros know Gale? He had a lead part in one of the most controversial night time shows since Sex and the City. It was called Queer As Folk. You got it, it was SATC for gay men. Except somehow it also appealed to straight women, especially THIS straight woman. Gale played a unapologetic sex god in the city of Pittsburgh who fucked who he wanted, when he wanted and as often as we wanted and every woman watching cheered his fine ass on. Why? Because we wanted to see him nekkid. It's that simple. Which is funny because if he was a straight man doing the same thing, I doubt we would love him as much. Men wronging other men must be more okay with women!
But as much of a bastard as he was, he was still appealing. REALLY appealing. Tall, thin but by no means skinny, dark hair and the most entrancing hazel eyes I’ve ever seen.
In the very first episode he poured a water bottle over his head, stripped completely nekkid (with a great camera shot from behind) and asked his latest conquest “Are you coming or going? Or coming and then going? Or coming and staying?” It was classic. He was the ultimate sexual predator who was such a bastard that you just couldn’t help but want him as well.

But that’s not Gale, that was Brian Kinney.
Gale is said to be extremely intelligent, media-shy but un-apologetic about the role that made him (in)famous. So now we’ll see where his career takes him. He has a lead role in the upcoming CBS show Vanished, will play Wyatt Earp in a few episodes of the HBO series Deadwood and has a movie coming out called East Broadway.
Personally I don’t care what he does as long as I can turn on the TV and see him. (even if he is wearing clothes!)

1 comment:

FW said...

Hm, a fine piece of ass, you've even perked my interest and I'm straighter than a drain pipe!

Now, just don't let it turn into an obsession!