Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When did we lose our freedom of speech?

What can I say, I'm sick of closed-minded MF'ers. I'm opinionated as anyone (got that skill from my father) but even if I don't agree with someone, I'm glad that we both have the right to voice our opinions. That's what our country is all about, right? So why would someone get so beat down for disagreeing with what others think? I don't get that. If you don't follow the norm, you should be afraid for your life or the life of your family??? Excuse me, what country do I live in again?
I don't like to get all political. First of all, it doesn't interest me in the least. There isn't a politician out there who's a saint. If they were, they wouldn't be elected officials because you can't be one without lying, cheating, stealing or killing somebody.
Secondly, I don't belong to a party. I'm a party of one. Like Chris Rock said "don't be a right winger, don't be a conservative or a liberal. Just listen. Listen, think and then make up your OWN mind" Maybe people are too afraid of speaking their minds. Maybe they have no minds to speak of.
So today the Dixie Chicks new CD is being released and I won't go home without having it in my hot little hand. Above and beyond everything that's happened to them, I love their music. That's why I listened to them in the first place, that's why I went to see them from the front row in Buffalo, NY a few years back. Natalie can sing her little ASS off. Martie and Emily are not only amazing musicians but combine to make incredible three-part harmonies.
I could care less what Natalie said about the president. If that's what she thought, she had every right to say it. Just as much as you and I have a right to speak our peace.
So here's mine; we've been in this war WAY too long. Sons, daughters, fathers, wives, brothers, sisters, grandsons, grand daughters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins are DYING. EVERY day. I have a nephew there right now. I'm scared for his life.
Some say that the media is painting the war as such a negative. That the people are HAPPY that we're there. Explain to me then...when was war EVER a positive...for ANYone??

No comments: