Sunday, June 01, 2008

The girls and the Iron Man..

I just got back from seeing the Sex and the City movie..and if you were a fan of the show you will love this movie.
I cried; numerous times.
I was just so glad to see the girls again.
It was like a reunion of old friends.
And it was great to read that the movie had such a sucessful weekend.
Obviously the "powers that be" in hollywood just don't think that a chick flick would beat out the 60+ year old dude with the hat and the whip.
Way to go ladies!
Although I would like to see another one in a year or so I can't imagine what they would with it that wouldn't ruin it.
It ended just as it should have.
So enough about Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, Charlotte, Big (I mean John..and can I just say that everyone had the same reaction that I did when Carrie actually CALLED him that), Steve, Harry, and Smith....
I also have to sing the praises of the movie Iron Man.
I've always been a big fan of Robert Downey Jr, and this role was perfect for him.
Silly, arogant, intelligent....plus with the drinking and the womanizing I'm sure it wasn't a big stretch! (he might have just had to think back to a few years ago)
So far the spring/summer movie season is 2 for 2 for me.
Next up; Narnia: Prince Caspain and Indy.
Although I'm not sure how either of them are going to live up to what I've seen already.
Granted, the girls had a headstart!
Thank you SJP, thank you HBO.
You have my "LOVE"

No comments: