Saturday, February 10, 2007

Thank you Gilda Radner

Being a somewhat last minute person, I ventured into a Hallmark store today to pick up some Valentines Day cards.
I normally don't get sucked in to this holiday because personally...I think it's bullshit. If you love someone you should show them all year round, not just once a year.

Last year on V-Day I was working my part-time job as a cashier at a local grocery store called Wegmans. I had my favorite Express Lane and all night all I was ringing up were flowers, cards, candy and the occasional beer and condoms. And EVERY person in my line was male. (stupid suckers)
Anyway, while I was about to leave the store I noticed the new cards they have that play a song when you open them. BUT SUDDENLY...I spotted Roseanne Roseannadanna! EXCUSE ME?? She never sang! It was a card marked "How are You?"
Upon opening it the words from a classic RR Weekend Update sketched came out "I'm depressed, I gained weight, my face broke out, I'm nauseous, I'm constipated, my feet swelled, my gums are bleedin', my sinuses are clogged, I got heartburn, I'm cranky and I have gas!"
Needless to say, I bought it. It's perfect for my cubicle at work.
Thank you Hallmark!!

1 comment:

suetiggers said...

I love Gilda, have bought these cards with her famous "It's Always Something"..but I cannot find them and I've tried. If anyone knows how to buy them, PLEASE let me know.