Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry and Butt Dog

So JK Rowling has done it.
Her writing talents made me stand in line for over and hour, read until my eyes were blurry but she left me a happy woman. Thanks JK. I'll leave it at that so not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't completed The Deathly Hallows as of yet.

Although I do admit that my hours of reading were interrupted by a long and hilarious trip to the southern tier. Myself and two friends headed to Keuka Lake to visit some of their wineries. The highlight of the trip was our visit to Bully Hill vineyard. If you're not much of a wine fan...I still highly recommend the place. It's a rock and roll winery, at least that's what I made of it. It's got all the fancy trimings but the wine tasting time itself is a different experience. Instead of you and your friends having to listen to an elderly man or woman drabble on about how their wines were taken from vines that were originally stolen from Italy or how they won this Gold medal or THAT Gold medal, it's a group event. You and about 25 or more of your fellow tourists stand around a huge tasting area while your host asks you to lift the glass with a beer-can death grip or to hold the stem with your pinky out or, my favorite part, have you repeat "Napa is auto-parts".

Our wine tasting host was a trip. He came over to me and my friends to ask us if we were ready to taste some wine and for some reason decided to pick on me because of the some-what over confident look on my face. He didn't know who he was dealing with but was up to task. Especially when I asked him to explain why the back of his shirt said "butt dog". (turns out, it was bull dog but remember, this was two wineries into our trip!) I love a good sarcasm-laced but flirty verbal joust!
I just have to wonder, will the cashier at the local liquor store give me a strange look when I make the sound "rahr" when I buy my next bottle of Aurore?

No comments: