Wednesday, September 07, 2016

I can't juggle, but can I juggle being in two shows at once? Maybe twice?!

I didn't move in 2015. I haven't moved in 2016.
I got a job I pretty much love, am about to be hired on permanently and...lets face it, I still LOVE my apartment and the city I live in.

I've done 4 more shows since The Sound of Music. I'm about to up the count 3 more, maybe 4 in a matter of 7 months.
First I was cast in an ensemble role in The Wizard of Oz. Then a director I had worked with in 9 to 5, Mary, suggested I audition for another show.
So I auditioned and that audition was good for two shows.
In October I'll be doing Oz, in November I'll have an ensemble role in Miracle on 34th Street the musical and in March 2017 I'll be portraying Sister Mary Anna (aka Nun Number 6) in the musical version of Sister Act.
I was shocked to be cast in the last two shows I mentioned. I completely bombed the choreography audition. My singing audition went a LITTLE better, at least I felt like I ended strong. I didn't walk away from it feeling very good about how I did though. So much so that I didn't even pay attention when they were saying when we'd hear back.
When the cast lists came out, I only looked at the first page of the list;s didn't see my name there in either so I figured I wasn't cast. Mary made me aware of the other pages to each list and I was SHOCKED to see my name on both!
When the cast list for Sister Act was finally posted publicly, I noticed I had been moved up from the Nun Ensemble to the before mentioned role of Nun Number 6; Sister Mary Anna.
Then last night I saw a post from another theater group that they're going to be doing a production of Fiddler on the Roof. So the next couple of months will be a test to see if I can handle juggling two shows. (Although I think Sister Act will be much more demanding musically and choreography-wise than Oz or Miracle will combined.)
I've ALWAYS wanted to do Fiddler though; specifically I want the part Golde SO bad.
Stay tuned!!

No comments: