Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Dark and difficult times lie ahead, Harry

I've got to admit it, I have Harry Potter-itis. I think I have ever since the last book came out. So I'll put it out there that yes, I was at a store at midnight when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price book was released. I wasn't dressed like Hermione, I wasn't wearing a wizards robe but I DID have my Slitherin leather wrist band on!
I didn't stand in line waiting; I walked into the store at about 11:30 and noticed that everyone was standing in ONE line yet there were two girls at two seperate registers. So I did the smart thing, I went up to the register that had no line. I had already pre-paid for my copy so I was proud to be the first person walking out the door with that big green book clutched to my chest. I went home and read until I got so dizzy I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.
Unless you've been living under a rock you should know that this Friday is the release of the new Harry Potter movie, and my personal favorite book so far, The Goblet of Fire. So far the reviews have been VERY positive but I also heard from avid readers that some parts of the book have been skipped over or cut back. Not a big deal in my eyes but that's yet to be seen.
I admit it, I'm excited to see it. Now comes the great debate: whether to see it at the regular theatre (or at least my FAVORITE theatre that has those lovely stadium-style seats so the person infront of you is actually below you) or taking the risk and seeing it on the IMAX screen. Whether to see it Friday or Saturday or wait until the holiday movie craziness has died down.
I'm sure some out there are debating whether to wear their Griffindor robes with their Hufflepuff scarf or their Hogwarts dress robes with their Ravenclaw hat. Maybe I'm not as hard-core a fan as I thought!

No comments: