Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I really don't need these Girl Scout cookies



Can you go anywhere these days without seeing something about weight loss? Restaurants have Lo-Cal and Weight Watchers menu items, commercials aren't just about fast food anymore and TV shows; I don't even know where to beGIN there. (The Biggest Loser is my personal favorite. If nothing else but hoping that Bob Harper fitness trainer to the stars will either be sweaty, get wet or take off his shirt!)

Personally, I never had a weight problem up until the last few years. I was a stick figure in highschool, pretty much the same in college and all throughout my 20's and early 30's. Then that lovely metobolism thing slows to a halt and, next thing you know, the Body Weight calculators are telling you you're about 40lbs over what is considered "ideal". (okay, right now I'm about 18lbs over)

So it's been on ongoing struggle. The whole a-typical thing; the fad diets, the gym memberships, cutting out the carbs completely and gaining all the weight and more back once you re-introduced them, the plateaus, the binging without the purging.

Well, I have the perfect solution for weight loss. STRESS. Not depression, just STRESS. There is a difference. Depression gets your butt off the couch at 8pm and makes you drive to the local CVS for a candy bar or a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos. (which you eat all of before 9pm) Stress on the other hand makes you THINK you want to order that plate of food, but once you start digging in it makes your stomach say "okay, two bites of the grilled chicken sandwich is quite enough, thanks. I'm full" That's where I'm at. And it works folks. I've been at a plateau weight for the last....2 months. Over the last few weeks my buddy stress has made me drop 4 pounds. Which probably isn't alot when you have 100lbs to lose but when you're down to your last 20...that's alot. Especially for a woman. (I'm convinced that men can take a walk around the block and lose 14 pounds.)

Oh to be a bear. They hybernate all winter and come out about 70lbs thinner, probably more. What a life!

No comments: