Friday, November 04, 2005

is there room on the passenger side?

Keeping on the topic of music,..let's talk about this guy right here; Keith Urban.
Ladies love him, guys want to be him and even a homely NASCAR driver tried to grow his hair out and dye it blonde hoping to look like him. What can you say? He's great looking. Not just in pictures but in person as well and his Australian accent doesn't hurt him either!
My friend Valerie turned me on to him a few years ago. She called him her country version of the Goo-Goo Dolls' John Reznik. (just because of the hair I'm sure)
So I listened, watched the videos and admitted,...I liked what I saw. I even laughed when I heard he posed in Playboy with nothing but a guitar and a smile. (you can find the pictures on yahoo in their image files)
Two years ago another friend of mine got tickets for a Kenny Chesney concert. He has a couple good tunes so I agreed to go. Un-beknownst to me, Keith was opening up for him. I walked out of there with a WHOLE new appreciation for the man. (Keith, not Kenny) Not only is he easy on the eyes but he can sing, he can play the shit out of a guitar and he was such an amazing showman. He didn't pose like said headliner, he didn't wear tight jeans, sleeveless shirts or even a cowboy hat. (God forbid he cover up those amazing locks) He sat up there, acted like he was just one of the boys in the band and won everyone over who was in the crowd that night. If you go to see him expecting a twangy, semi-quiet country show.....you will be sadly disappointed. This guy is a rock star.
So next Wednesday November 9th I'll be sitting 2nd row-center for his concert here. Yeah, I'll probably be "enjoying the sights" shall we say, but it's the music that keeps me coming back.

No comments: