Thursday, March 09, 2006

You're never too old for Harry Potter

As previously admitted, I'm a Harry Potter fan. Freak, no. Fan, yes. I have all the books, all the movies and two leather HP wristbands. (I ordered one and they sent me one that was different than the one I ordered so I asked them why so they sent me what I ordered and told me to keep the one I got for free, NICE!)
Last night I had to run out and buy the new DVD which shows once again that I'm not a FREAK of HP but a fan considering it was released on Tuesday. (Over 5 million sold the very first day)
I did, however, go home and cue it up right away. I did see it on it's release weekend back in 2005 but there are always things you miss at the movie theatre, no matter how quiet everyone is. You could be reaching for your popcorn or your soda and BAM, you miss some dialougue or an important facial expression.
It was amazing; I enjoyed the movie all over again. It made me laugh, cry and it was the scariest of all four so far. At least in MY opinion.

Here are something things that I love about the HP series and the movies:
The friendships: who wouldn't want friends like Harry, Ron and Hermione? Harry's famous and talented, Ron's a kick and Hermione's amazingly smart ALMOST to the point of annoyance but her loyalty and cuteness make up for it.
Fred and George: totally geeky and hilarious, I can't WAIT to see their escapades in movie 5. Hopefully that whole storyline won't be cut.
Hogwarts: who in their right mind wouldn't LOVED to have gone to a school that just LOOKED like that? To get away from your muggle parents for a year, have a "house" of rooms to be part of and eat in the great hall with spooks and spectors everywhere. Although I can't say I'd be thrilled w/those moving staircases.
Snape: that's right, I just love Severus. Even though he seems to be a downright rat at the end of Book 6.....I don't think he's as bad a guy as we're lead to believe. There has to be a reason Dumbledore trusts him. Plus a foe who never bends to the charm of HP makes the movie even better. And he's down-right hilarious beating Ron with a book in movie 4.
The Dark Arts teacher: each year whoever teaches this class endures some bad mojo. Mad Eye Moody was the best and most entertaining of them but wait until you see the freak down-front for movie 5. She makes Snape seem like an ANGEL!
The villians: The death eaters, Barty Crouch Jr, the dementors from Azkaban prison and Valdemort himself. The movies wouldn't be as interesting or scary without them. Granted, the maze in movie 4 was scary without anything else but itself, it's high walls and sounds. Turn up the sound, turn on the surround and turn off the lights. yikes!!

Want to know which HP character you're most like? Clink the link below my results and take the quiz. Believe it or not, I'm Severus Snape, how appropriate!

Pirate Monkey's Harry Potter Personality Quiz
Harry Potter Personality Quiz
by Pirate Monkeys Inc.

No comments: