Friday, January 19, 2007

I knew the warm weather wouldn't last...


All the skiers and snowboarders are rejoicing here in Western, NY. The snow has come. (and yes, that picture is my car a couple years ago after a pretty decent snow fall)
I can't complain to much, I choose to live here.

I choose to live in a place that has warm weather normally 3 months out of 12. (although in 2006 it was more like 8)
I choose to live in a state with high taxes and low tax returns.
I choose to live in a state that's elects a woman who has never even LIVED in the state and was probably only elected because her husband is an ex-president (one who will only be known for getting a knob-job by an intern)
I choose to live in state where if you walk by a stranger on the sidewalk you don't dare look them in the eye. You keep your eyes straight down at your shoes until they walk by.
I choose to live in a state where the drive home on week days is like being part of the Indy 500 except you're not surrounded by talented/experienced drivers.
I choose to live in a state that charges you for use of it's largest interstate

But...there are some great things about New York:
I choose to live in an area where all public places, other than the outdoors, are SMOKE FREE!
I choose to live in a state where, no matter which city you live in, you can always find one place that has the most AMAZING pizza.
I choose to live in a state that has all four seasons.(although sometimes you think there's only two; winter and road construction)
I choose to live in a state that's only a few hours drive away from Ontario, Canada. (let's face it, unless you're somewhere near Vancouver, being close by is useless except if you're going on a beer run)
I choose to live in a state that has three NFL teams, 3 NHL teams, and one really amazing MLB team,...and the Mets.
I choose to live in a city that has tons of minor league sports teams and they all have new stadiums to play in.
I choose to live in a city that's a short drive away from a NASCAR race track.

and finally; I choose to live in a state whose motto is...I LOVE MYSELF! lol

No comments: