Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I'll take stupid questions for $500, Alex"

There are some questions that are so stupid it’s almost impossible to think of an answer stupid enough to use as a response.

This past weekend we were REALLY busy at the movie theatre; which was surprising. Of what the managers told me it usually dies after the holidays and remains slow until the spring/summer blockbusters come out.
One night we did a little over 1300 people in about an hour and a half. That averages out to over 14 tickets a minute. Is that insane or what?

So what was the question I was barraged with all night?
“Why are there so many people here?”
WHAT???

How do you even answer that question?
Why would someone even ask it? What kind of answer are they expecting?

So I decided that instead of getting frustrated by it, I’d make a game of it.
My first response was “Well, if you hadn’t invited all your friends we would’ve have a quiet night, thanks.”
Then I got a LITTLE more creative:
“We’re giving away free turkeys at the concession stand”
“Johnny Depp is here to make out with anyone coming in to see Sweeney Todd”
“It’s buy 10 tickets, get 10 free night”

I'm sure I'll hear this question again in the near future so feel free to post your snappy come-backs in the comments section...as long as you don't mind me using them.
Even the biggest smart ass in Monroe County can run out of ideas!

No comments: