Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It was bound to happen...


There comes a time when you grow up that you tend to shy away from trends and the "what's hot and happening now" priority of your life. Basically, you stop being hip. It isn't something you intend on doing. You don't wake up one morning and think "what have i been doing?", you just develop your own sense of style. You KNOW you're not cool, but you're okay with it..and just hope others are as well. And after a while you stop caring about that too, pretty much anyway!
So here is how I know I'm not hip:

1- I don't have an Ipod. I don't even want one. Granted, I'll bet if I had one I'd probably love it. Although I don't think I could choose so many songs to fill it up. Then again, with my love of music I probably could.
2-I don't own a laptop with a high-speed connection. I'm still on old-style dial up. Yeah, I hate it. It's annoying sometimes and it probably will lock me up as I write this but....the $$ savings are more to me than convenience.
3-I don't wear clothes that are form fitting and/or skin tight. My nieces are always buying tight things and, I must admit. They look cute on them. Me, I'm always looking for baggy stuff. When did baggy go out? PLEASE come back!
4-I own shoes other than flip-flops. Infact, the only pair of flip-flops I own are ugly plastic ones that I put on after getting a pedicure at the salon. Today I even saw a kid running across the street with flips on, and it was 40 degrees out and raining. WHAT?!?
5-I hate rap music. Okay, let me rephrase that. I hate 99.9% of rap music. All those current rappers; 50 cent, Nelly, and all those weird ass names I hear, not interested in the least. To the point where I can't even watch MTV anymore because that's almost all they show. The .1 precent I like are Eminem and Will Smith.
6-I hate current music in general. I do know woman my age who listen to the local "#1 hit music station" and I think they're going through a female version of a mid-life crisis.
7-I don't watch the O.C or Laguna Beach. I watched 90210 and Melrose Place. That was enough teeny-bopper drama to last a lifetime, thanks.
8-I think any celebrity who is popular because they have money and have taken that money, had surgery and consider themselves hot are complete assholes. I don't look up to them and I defeinitely do NOT want to be like, dress like or get a dog like they have. Infact, I'd love to round them all up and take them to a poor country and make them take care of that nation for the next 20 years and see if it makes an actual human being out of them.
9-I own underwear that isn't a thong. And no, they aren't granny-panties either. Sorry, I can only tolerate a weggie for so long.
I think the only thing that's saving me from total un-hipness are my hip-hugger jeans. Levis are still cool, right?!

No comments: