Friday, October 14, 2005

Not lookin' for love in all the wrong places...

I've gotta stop all this sports talk for a bit, sorry guys.
There is another subject that weighs on my mind sometimes but not for the reason you THINK it does.
I haven't made an attempt to find a man in probably over a year and I'm starting to think it's a sign of either losing my mind or actually gaining it back. I'm sure people would argue both sides. What can I say, I'm sick of the bullshit. Giving out the phone number and never hearing back, the awkward first date and good LORD that nerve racking first kiss. The games, the headaches, the guilt, the jealousy, the up-one-minute, down-the-next emotions and just all the freakin' drama. Gee, I'm missing out on SO much.
I admit, I was a Carrie out there for a while. Dating with reckless abandon, meeting that unobtainable guy who had commitment issues who eventually dumped me. Then trying to date others so I could forget him even though that was completely impossible. (and still is in some aspects) I also had my Samantha years of which I survived with my brain and body in tact...and I have the blood test to prove it.
Then I went through my Charlotte times of "I've been dating for over 15 years...where IS he?!?!". I think that stage lasted as long as it did because of my friends. They were in the same boat and they kept me from leaping out for a while. (at least until I distracted them with some shiney things)
Then my last post-breakup stage was definitely Miranda-esque; just hating men and thinking they're all shit and not even believing a normal relationship was possible.
Now I'm over all my Sex and the City moments and have moved on to an acceptance of my situation. Not to mention, what kind of man could I fit in to my weird little world of NASCAR, Bills Backers and NHL? Would he tolerate the Grover plush that's laying on my bed? Would he think I was odd because I own birds instead of a Labrador Retriever? That I spend most of my life in jeans and sweatshirts instead of suits and designer clothes?
Well, as one of my favorite Samantha quotes said "Relationships have been on the decline ever since women came out of the cave, looked around and said, "this isn't so bad."

No comments: