Saturday, December 31, 2005

Not dressed up and no one to kiss...

The year of 2005 is ending in 3 1/2 hours and I have no plans so instead, I had some random thoughts to share.

Mother Nature is kicking our ASS. Some say it's Global Warming, some say that drastic weather issues happen like this every 75 years or so and others say it's the big guy upstairs showing us how he feels about how we're treating our planet and eachother. Whatever the reason, it's pretty scary. The Tsunami, Katrina, the earthquakes, now the fires in the southwest because of the dryness and tonight I see the floods out in northern california. I can't keep up with it all. I feel bad because I can't afford to donate more money but it also makes you think about being grateful for what you DO have and when those little stupid things happen that you want to complain about....you think twice and remember how so many others are so much worse off than you are. (granted,...I'll be complaining about something trivial any second now)
When will the obsession with celebrity-crap please STOP?!?! If I never hear the names Paris Hilton, TomKat, Brangelina and Bennifer again I will be SO happy. Let's change focus to talented people or people who have something to say that actually makes sense. Not because they have money or are famous for whatever reason.
Figure skater Ekaterina Gordeeva still makes me cry. Her first husband/pairs partner died over 10 years ago yet seeing her skate on TV today still tugged on my heart strings. And to make it even MORE touching, her daughter Daria came out and skated with her. She has her mothers grace and body and her fathers face. Not to mention, she is already an amazing skater. So keep your eyes out for Daria Grinkova folks.
I caught The Clash on VH1 Classic the other day and realized that the lead singer of Green Day is totally ripping them off!!
Those E-Harmony commercials are getting on my last nerve. Does the word overkill mean anything to that company?
People who mistreat animals should be subjected to the same abuse they put that animal through. Ever seen the movie Powder? The scene with the deer? That's what I'm talking about. Fines aren't enough. Same with people who abuse children. I say we bring back torture...people are just getting off WAY too freakin easily.
I really don't need to be seeing commercials when I go to the movies. Aren't the 20 minutes of previews bad enough?
I thought aging gracefully was cool until I saw this psychologist on Biography last night, she looked like Mark Martin.
My New Years Resolution...get to my goal weight. Considering I'm starting two new jobs this week....I think I'll have less time to eat anyway.
Cheers everybody!

No comments: