Friday, December 09, 2005

You go girls!!

Okay, I'll admit...I still watch some reality TV shows. America's Next Top Model, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and lately my favorite was Making the Band 3.
Sean Combs,..what is he going by now; Diddy? Puffy? Pudding Pop? He was trying to create a hot new girl group of young ladies who could sing AND dance. Went through 8 weeks the first time and found 3 girls worth keeping but not 5. So he had ANOTHER round of tryouts.
I was hooked on this show from the 2nd episode. Personally, I hate watching auditions. I'm not the kind of person who enjoys hearing people sing badly. Why, because I sing. And to see people like William Hung and all those other fools get there 2-15 mintues of fame for butchering good or even BAD music is disgusting to me.
So as soon as they get the "finalists" set...I'm on board!
Last night, he picked the band. Blonde Shannon; who you wouldn't notice unless you were REALLY paying attention, Dawn; an ex cheerleader who's family lost everything in Katrina and...oh shoot. Who was the other girl? That's how much of an impression she made on me I guess. Wanita, I think her name was. AND he picked my two favorites who were finalists in part 1. Aubrey O'Day and Aundrea Fimbress.
Aubrey was a shoe-in. (pictured left) Hot lookin, great body, the best dancer there and can sing, WOW can she sing. During Part 1 of the auditions Diddy took the girls to an Open Mic Night at some club and had them go up and sing live. All I remember from that show was Diddy leaning over to his chereographer Lorianne and saying "Aubrey is officially black. Michael Jackson is white, and Aubrey is black as a MF'er" He was right, she was amazing.
Aundrea (pictured below) seemed like a given after Part 1 but in Part 2 she struggled. She had issues with learning the dances and then even had some weak vocal moments during the very last auditions right before he announced the final 5. And to make matters worse, he announced her name last. She was dying, so was Aubrey and I was DYING too. Alot of people say she looks like JoJo but how could you not put someone that adorable and with that many skills in your band? Like Johnny said after final auditions for Part 1 "People are gunna fall in love with her"

So I'll be keeping my eyes on Bad Boy Online to see what their name is gunna be and can only hope they don't turn into another Eden's Crush!

No comments: