Friday, September 16, 2005

okay, let's talk about more irrelevant things. Celebrity meetings. I once heard someone say that the best thing to do is worship most celebrities from afar because 90% of the time, you'll be disappointed when you meet them. I totally agree with this theory because i have been on the receiving end of both treatments; good and "leave me the feck alone".
Case in point..Whitney Houston. Back before Bobby and drug allegations, when she was a skinny chick who sang from her freakin feet I met her when I was working at a local hotel. At the time, I was pretty much a fan. After her concert her, her band, her entourage and even her mother came into the bar to relax and have a drink. So here I am dressed in my semi-unstylish cocktail waitress uniform (this was a classy place so get that picture of short-shorts and a low-cut top RIGHT out of your mind) going up to her table to take her order. Everyone else at her table was VERY nice; smiled at me, didn't make any special requests...totally cordial. But miss Whitney, calling her a bitch would've been an understatement. And let me tell you something else about Ms. Houston or Brown or whatever the fuck she goes by now. If she didn't have makeup on you'd pass her aneroxic lookin ass without lookin twice.
Now let's talk about more positive things; pleasant celebrity encounters. Jeff Gordon; the guy has every excuse to be a top notch asshole but is the furthest from it. Dana Carvey; was a HUGE star on SNL when I met him at the same hotel ms. bitchney Houston stayed at. He was extremely engaging and hilarious. Howie Mandel; sweet, funny and always wears silly shoes. George Brett; one of the nicest athletes I have EVER met. Would remember your name even if you only met you once. (even remembered the stupid-ass Alf watch I was wearin) Don Mattingly; wow. a story for another blog! and recently the new Buffalo Bills starting quarterback JP Losman; May have a "I don't want to be at this appearance" look on his face but once you start talking to him....the personality just bubbles.
So what have we learned today. Nothing I guess. Just don't be surprised if they're assholes. Just like regular folk.
GO BILLS!

No comments: