Sunday, September 11, 2005

Week 1 for the Bills has come to an end with a 1-0 record. VERY nice. I was gunna stay home and watch but then I decided to go to this bar where the Rochester chapter of the Bills Backers allegedly meets. So I figure I'd get there early for a seat, right? Figured,..opening day it would be crowded. Well, I think I was one of two non-employee cars there when I pulled in. I thought "was this bar their meeting place LAST season?" So I stuck it out. A good crowd showed but it was some Bills fans, some Steelers fans, some of my least favorite fans (Dolphins) and a smattering of other fans who couldn't see their favorite teams game on local TV. One thing I forgot was what it was like to go into a bar by myself. Basically it attracts men who see you're by yourself therefore you have no defenses. (other girlfriends, guyfriends or dates...you might as well have a target on your head) Both men who sat near me of course had to tell me how they're divorced and have teenage kids, and how I don't look my age,..blah, blah, blah. Nice guys but, definitely not my type. I don't mind talking but I was there to watch the game. I met the guy who heads up the Rochester Chapter of non-existant Bills Backers. Nice guy that Steve but why someone would come to the bar with their wife and two kids is beyond me. Isn't the wife the automatic Sunday afternoon babysitter? Anyway, I offered my assistance so I guess I'm going to be VP or secretary or something of the local chapter. Kind of cool. and since I dumped my webmaster and pit person role on the local race team aside back in July...I was looking for a hobby anyway. So I guess our goal now is to get more folks to the bar next Sunday, get a banner for outside the bar and some more people to sign up. And a website. (hello..Christine,..I need your help,..AGAIN!) I'll tell you one thing, being in a bar with about 40 TV's that are showing 10 different games must feel like what a little kid feels when he walks into a ToysRUs store for the very first time. It's sensory overload! It would've made me dizzy if I were drunk. So our Bills beat that hot looking QB from Houston. That's what he gets for pointing into the stands after his lameass TD run. What happened to having to cross the plane to make a touchdown?!?! JP Losman...will you marry me?!?!?

No comments: