Thursday, February 23, 2006

Let the nail biting begin

Okay, I admit it...I'm nervous. What about? Over tonights ladies long program at the Olympics. Presently my girl Sasha Cohen is in 1st place after the short program and as wonderful as it is, I'm not comfortable in the LEAST for her.
Sasha is my favorite. She has been ever since I first saw her skate and was blown away by her elegance, artistry, ballerina-like body and her amazing physicality. Even if you're not into skating, you can't watch her and not say to yourself "How the hell does she do that?!?!"
Skating itself is hard enough. Balancing on small blades and just going across the ice surface, it's not as easy as it looks folks.
You think you can do it? Fine, go for it. That was good. Okay, now do it backwards. Pick your speed up a little. Oooo... okay, get up...brush yourself off. Now do a spin...but keep your spin foot in one place. Are you okay? Yeah, you can't spot like you do on the floor. I'll give you a second to clear your head. Ready? Okay, now do it again but this time take your left leg and pull it up over your head. That's right...I said OVER your head. Ouch, those boards don't give much do they? Now do it again but bend over your back and look behind you. Woah, watch out! You okay?
Alright, let's try a jump. Yeah, but get some air on it this time. There ya go. Okay, now this time get a spin in it. Well, that was KIND of a spin. Try it again,...just one revolution. Ohhhhh....okay, I've got my cell phone. "Hello....911?"

No comments: